Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween time...

With only two more weeks till Halloween, we decided to get down and dirty for FHE this week, so that we could do all of the fun things we've been planning before it's too late. So we busted out the giant spider decoration and Rob and Hayden were in charge of hanging it up - didn't they do a great job?!

Ana and I got out the haunted gingerbread house kit that I had been saving since last Halloween (that's a good way to keep the kids from eating the candy - save it for a year and then it's all hard and not good to eat!) It took alot lot longer than i anticipated because you have to let the frosting harden between each step. Ana was so patient - poor girl, all she wanted to do is put some candy on the darn thing...

Finally, she got to decorate the house...

Hayden stopped in for some of the action - namely the end...

The final product was great!

11 comments:

Hollie said...

Isn't Halloween GREAT!! I remember the AWESOME costumes you and Rob wore to the Eudis party last year. Those were so awesome!

michelle said...

Love the spider and the Haunted House is so cool!

Krystal said...

looks like so much fun!! :) You are so creative and ambitious!

The Fuhrmann's said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am glad to see that you guys are having a great time. I wish that I was that ambitious about Halloween.

KassiahMyers said...

Hey There! Looks like you guys go all out for Halloween, that is awesome! I love it when the kids get so into it. That looks like a great pumpkin patch farm you guys found too! I hope you are all doing well!! I love looking at your blog!

KassiahMyers said...

Oh BTW, Hollie and I were in Wal-Mart and I saw the tatoo things, and I remembered the costumes you guys wore last year too and started laughing to myself! I think I will steal your idea this year!

The Petersons said...

Cute Spidy!!

Eaton Family said...

You do a lot of fun things for the Halloween and the weeks leading up to Halloween. Thanks for thinking of us and for all the treats. You are seriously the best cook I've ever known. You should have your own show --- "Cooking with Kari."

Annie and Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie and Justin said...

It looks so Sweet! (don't mind the pun) :)

Unknown said...

I have had fun catching up with your cute family! I love the Dad Party, and the Zoo Keeper Hayden! Patrick does the same things :)