Thursday, September 10, 2009

When You Wish Upon a Tree...

The kids love to visit Nona's because there is always fun awaiting. I hope that I am half as fun of a grandma as Wendy is to my kids. Watch out kids, we're clearing for take-off...
 
Sophie gets the royal treatment at Nona's, anything she wants, and more. She liked sitting at the kid's table, like one of the big kids...
 
Hayden's favorite thing to do at Nona's is to fill up the tiny squirt guns that she stashes away just for him, hide behind the furniture, squirt her as she walks past and watch her dramatically overreact EVERY time, no matter how many times he does it (that's a true grandma). The rest of us get squirted plenty in the process. The cutest thing ever though, is watching Ana and Wendy immerse themselves in all things girly - nail polish, hair bows, dolls, tea parties, and always princesses. Nona told Ana that the big tree in her back yard was a magic wishing tree, that anything you wished for at Nona's house came true. Ana stood on the balcony overlooking the yard, stretched her arms out wide and said, "I wish, I wish that I was a princess!" I love the perfect faith of children - she really believed her wish would come true. As we were leaving on Monday, Wendy told Ana to go and check the wishing tree to see if her wish came true. Ana dashed out to the tree and came squealing back in with a perfect pink package, tied up with pink ribbons of all sorts. "It came true!" she yelled. She tore the package open to find a frilly, pink hair bow with princess tiaras all over it. It was the cutest thing to watch, as she revelled in the thought of a "real" wishing tree. On the drive home, she kept asking if we had a wishing tree at our house, we assured her that the only wishing tree in the whole wide world is at Nona's house.

1 comment:

Annie and Justin said...

Those are some precious stories. What a fun time you had,thanks for sharing!