Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break Kick Off...

First day of Spring Break: 75 degrees, sunny and no wind.
We decided to take advantage of the weather and head up to Dinosaur Ridge. We took our friends with us and had a blast hiking along the road and checking out the awesome footprints and fossils...
If you couldn't tell, Ana is actually sitting in the footprint. Next, excavation of an Allosaurus. The girls didn't last long, they decided to make soup instead.
"Did you find anything Dr. Hayden?"
"Not yet, Dr. Alax, look over there, I don't think that we moved that sand yet."
Budding paleontologists at work.
After our dig we headed over to Red Rocks Amphitheatre - If any of you haven't been there, it's totally worth checking out, I'm definitely going to see a concert there. The kids hiked up ALL of the stairs to get there and then climbed to the top of the theatre - I was seriously impressed at their stamina! Behind the stage was a really cool spot for the kids to climb on the rocks...
They have a rockin' musician's gallery under the amphitheatre where the kids could try out the equipment, needless to say, it was a HIT!
The first day of spring break was a blast, I should have saved it for the last day, now I have alot to live up to for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I not know that we had a dino place here in Colorado? We are big dino fans since my grandpa found dinosaur tracks on our family property. Looks like you guys has fun, and good thing you picked the only day this week that would have been warm enough!