Sunday, March 22, 2009
The "Perfect" Game...
Hayden had his last basketball game this week, it was bittersweet... bitter for Hayden, he still wanted to play more - sweet for Rob, coaching kindergarteners is harder than it looks. After the game, each player got a trophy - it was Hayden's first trophy ever, he was so excited. On our way home I asked him how his game went, he replied " It was the perfect game." Me:"Oh yeah, how come?" Hayden, exasperated that I couldn't figure out why: "Because I got a trophy!" So apparently, in order for it to be the "perfect" game, a trophy has to be involved - we're going to have to talk about that one, or we are in for some serious disappointment in the future. All in all, it was a great first season, Hayden improved so much - he went from not being able to dribble at all, to being able to take the ball all the way down the court. But I think he enjoyed defense the most, the kid he was covering would usually get very annoyed with him because he took "man-to-man" very literally - they didn't go anywhere without him. And in his last game he had 2 blocked shots - Way to go Hayden! We are so proud you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go Hayden! I love to watch their skills improve like that!
Post a Comment