Monday, January 5, 2009

Sewin' Up a Storm...

For another Christmas gift, I decided to sew my sister-in-law a nursing cover. It was my first time since 7th grade Home Ec. that I have sewn anything - and it turned out awesome! I had to take a picture...
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

It turned out so well that I sewed 3 pairs of baby legs for my niece and then an apron for my nephew. So I've decided that I really love sewing! Watch out kids!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

That is soo cute! Does it have boning in the front? I got a hooter hider, and I loved it while I was nursing! I am jelous that you have your own sewing machine. I started making Noah an apron for christmas, but my sisters machine broke, so my project is now waiting. I have never sewn anything in my life though, so I am pretty lost! But I think it is a skill I would like to learn-now I just need to save some money to buy my own machine and I will be set!

Unknown said...

That is cute fabric! I love those popcorn bowls also- so fun! It looks like you have had a fun few months of holidays :)

Kirsten said...

Look at YOU you little homemaker!! I miss you so much!
Do you ever know what happened to Kate or how to get a hold of her? or Tasha?
So, my sister might be moving to Denver in July so if she does I am SOOO coming to see you!!

michelle said...

You are so crafty! I still need to learn how to make those cute baby legs...if I have a baby girl.

jess and seth said...

Kari--you have a gift! Man, I wish you were my neighbor--I have so many odd-jobs for sewing, but my sewing machine has been buried in the storage room for about 3 years, and whenever I do get it out, I can't remember how to thread it. . . . Not my forte, but a talent I admire in others!