We switch babysitting with a couple of families that we are friends with, so that we can all have date nights - it works great. But you have to get creative when trying to keep 8 kids under the age of 7 occupied for a few hours. Tonight the activity was a coloring contest. I told the kids that they had to really take their time and do their best job - they spent almost 45 minutes coloring... victory! Then we had a ceremony and gave each kid an award and a prize (their snack for the evening). It worked out just as planned - taking up over an hour altogether - and the kids LOVED it!

7 comments:
Kari, you're so creative! I love the "best use of animal life."
So cute Kari, will you babysit me sometime?? :)
We might have to try this on our next date night! :)
I love the Indiana Jones and Princess pictures, so fun!
You are so stinking good at posting on your blog. I haven't been on for like a week (maybe longer) and I've missed 10 posts. I LOVED the Doctor Rob pictures (the glasses made me laugh).
We started feeding Lindsay and she can't quite figure out that she needs to OPEN her mouth to get the food. She just sucks her lips together and then cries when no food magically enters her mouth. We stuff her face as soon as she opens her mouth to cry. haha. Loved the pictures of the kids on date night. You're the best!
Hey, you should play boggle with us - Nathan loves to make up different spellings for words (our conversations are very similar). Have a good one!
I love that whenever the kids go over to your house they can expect some kind of fun activity. We are going to try that. Jaylen keeps saying she wants a guinea pig now, I told her maybe when she grows up, but no white ones with red eyes, eewh. Kelsey liked the Dr. Rob photos.
How fun! I wish we had some friends who would go in for that idea. Now nice to actually be able to go on regular dates and not pay an arm and a leg for a babysitter!
Kari, Everyone is so cute. You are so creative. We miss having you and your cute family living next to us. Hope you are doing good.
Jeana Hobbs
Post a Comment