The night before Hayden started school we went on a "Family Date" to celebrate the end of summer and the start of school. We took the kids to E.B. Rains park to go on the Paddle Boats. The kids had a blast taking turns paddling. They got a little crazy towards the end and started climbing all over the boat. Of course Rob is trying to paddle back to the dock and keep the kids under control - so Hayden trips and hits his face on the front of the boat and his lip starts bleeding. He starts crying and Rob says: You're OK, the blood won't hurt you.
Hayden: I'm Bleeding? [Panic]
Rob: Just be tough, it won't hurt you.
So Hayden calms down and about five minutes later he gets a big smile on his face and says: Dad, I'm glad I'm bleeding.
Rob: Why?
Hayden: Because Indiana Jones bleeds from his lip when he gets hurt, too.

2 comments:
This story rocks! Sounds like something my boys would say!
And who says you shouldn't let your kids watch movies?!!
Indi saves the day once again!!
Post a Comment