Q-Tip Painting. An idea I saw on Pinterest, and that all my kids LOVED. And, not to mention, super easy to do because all you need is paint and Q-tips. We did fall-colored trees...
Sophie, mad because her tree didn't look like Hayden and Ana's. (That happens sometimes when the only color you will use is pink)...
Roll a Turkey. Fun for kids (and for the kids at heart)...
Candy Acorns. Hayden especially liked this craft, and made sure that every nut went through quality control to make sure it was fit for a squirrel...
Sophie, on the other hand, made sure that each nut was fit for her little mouth...
Owl watching. There is an old abandoned barn near our neighborhood where two big, white barn owls live. Rob and I took the kids out to see the owls as part of one of Hayden's cub scout badge requirements. Hayden got out of the car with this on his hand...
He claimed that he needed my oven mitt for protection, just in case one of the owls wanted to perch on his arm. (I love that kid!) Ana thought that it was as funny as we did...
Relaxing. I think that this is the best part of "breaks", just lounging around and being together. I'm so thankful for my little family, and that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with such dear, sweet kids and a wonderful husband, whom they love to pieces...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
1 comment:
Kari, I absolutely love that you are so happy to have your kids home from school! It's really refreshing to hear. Most people seem to have the opposite perspective. It just goes to show that it really is what you make of your time together. You are definitely one fabulous mother! (P.S. The "castling" below scares me for school projects that are in my future. He did a great job though!)
Post a Comment