Sophie and I got to go to his class to listen to his oral report about the Middle Ages, it was so fun to hear him explain all of his ideas and how he implemented them into the castle. When I was helping him type his report, he kept wanting to add information that he didn't learn in school, but learned from a book. I kept trying to persuade him to just stick to the stuff from school, but he wouldn't be deterred, so we added it at the end. I'm so glad he was determined, his teacher was really impressed that he added things that he learned on his own. Way to go Hayden, I'm proud of you for always being true to yourself and never afraid to take risks (you get that from your dad:).
Friday, November 25, 2011
Castling...
If there were a verb to describe what our family did for several days to help Hayden with his latest third grade project, castling would have to be it. To conclude their study of the Middle Ages, each student had to build a castle that had all of the "real life" features of medieval castles. It was quite the undertaking, a lot more work than I expected (thus the reason we waited till the last week to do it and ended up burning the midnight oil to get it done). But in the end, Hayden did an awesome job and had really great ideas on how to make it cool (ie. the flag labels and the rocks around the outside)...


Sophie and I got to go to his class to listen to his oral report about the Middle Ages, it was so fun to hear him explain all of his ideas and how he implemented them into the castle. When I was helping him type his report, he kept wanting to add information that he didn't learn in school, but learned from a book. I kept trying to persuade him to just stick to the stuff from school, but he wouldn't be deterred, so we added it at the end. I'm so glad he was determined, his teacher was really impressed that he added things that he learned on his own. Way to go Hayden, I'm proud of you for always being true to yourself and never afraid to take risks (you get that from your dad:).
Sophie and I got to go to his class to listen to his oral report about the Middle Ages, it was so fun to hear him explain all of his ideas and how he implemented them into the castle. When I was helping him type his report, he kept wanting to add information that he didn't learn in school, but learned from a book. I kept trying to persuade him to just stick to the stuff from school, but he wouldn't be deterred, so we added it at the end. I'm so glad he was determined, his teacher was really impressed that he added things that he learned on his own. Way to go Hayden, I'm proud of you for always being true to yourself and never afraid to take risks (you get that from your dad:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment