Call me a stick-in-the-mud, but there is one quintessential Halloween activity that I just don't enjoy... carving those darn pumpkins. There is something about the smell of the pumpkin guts that just gets me, and the fact that the pumpkin just rots and crumples after two days of being skewered. I prefer round, untouched, pretty pumpkins... but I had to finally admit to myself that I was depriving my kids of a classic Halloween pastime, and that I should just suck it up and do it. The kids were thrilled, and Ana exclaimed, "Woohoo, our first time carving pumpkins!", while running circles around the kitchen. It was then that I decided that it was a must-do for Halloween from now on. We even tried our hands at "fancy" pumpkin carving. Hayden and Ana were the tracers, I was the pattern poker, and Rob was the carver and guts-digger-outer. Sophie basically just ran around causing havoc and having a happy Halloween time...
I have to admit that they turned out pretty cute... even though they did rot and crumple the next day;)
No comments:
Post a Comment