Once in a while, Heavenly Father gives you an opportunity to remember why we are here on earth and how important families really are...
My sister, Mari, gave birth to a little baby boy on February 13th. His name is Dashel, he weighed less than 3 pounds, and looked just like a Joyce. For about the last month, our family has been praying and waiting for the arrival of little Dashel. At Mari's routine ultrasound, they were informed that there was something wrong with Dashel's heart, and with lots of further tests, they found out that it was very serious. The doctors told them that if he could make it until he was 5 lbs. there was a slight chance that he could survive surgery, but with no guarantees. Mari's amniotic fluid started to decrease over the last couple of weeks and on Thursday of last week, it was basically all gone. The doctors told them that at this point there was no hope of saving Dashel. If he was alive at birth, his heart was irreparable. So their family was faced with two choices: to allow Dashel to pass away inside of Mari's womb, or to induce Mari and allow them to possibly be able spend a few hours with him. Through lots of prayer and thought, they decided to deliver Dashel. He was born in the wee hours of the morning on February 13th, amidst their other five children sleeping on the floor of the hospital, hoping to just get a glimpse of their baby brother. Heavenly Father blessed their family with 2 whole days of tender moments with little Dashel, before he passed away in the early morning hours of Monday, February 15th. It was such a sweet time for their family and for all of us as an extended family, to meet Dashel (via web-conferencing), and bond with him, knowing that it would be our goal as a family to all be reunited again in Heaven.
What a blessing it is to know of our Heavenly Father's beautiful plan of salvation. To know that we can all return to live with Him again as eternal families. What a blessing of hope that knowledge gives me at these very hard times during our mortal existence. I am so thankful, for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the foundation it provides for my family here on earth, and for the peace it brings me to know that we can all see Dashel again, and that he will always be a part of our family.

8 comments:
What a cute little guy. Hope your family is doing well. How neat they got to spend a little time with him before he returned home!
Oh man, I am totally in tears. What a sad, but sweet story. What an awesome blessing for them to have had 2 days with him. I wish your sister and her family the best.
So you made me cry, but it was that good "feel the spirit/rekindle your testimony of eternal families" kind of cry. Give my condolences to your sister. What a special and bittersweet experience for her family and yours!
You sure know how to make a girl cry. With just having a baby and then reading this, it makes me more grateful for her. It is so sweet that they were able to see him and hold him. What a very sweet spirit he shows in his picture. Heavenly Father's hands are in everything. Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
I still think of this every day! Again I am soo sorry for your entire families loss! It is a blessing to have a greater understanding but it is still so hard to have them gone! All my love :)
What a sweet story. Thank you for your testimony of families,I think sometimes we all need a little reminder of our Heavenly Fathers plan. We are lucky to have eternal families! I am sorry for your sisters loss, I hope she is doing well.
Kari,
I am so sorry to hear this. I know exactally what you and your family are going through.Amber our oldest daughter and her husband Ryan lost thier baby last march to still birth. It is so very hard to see and go through. They both recieved a body and are both now in a better place. I am greatful as you are for the plan of salvation and the gift it is that we will be united again if we live worthy. Please know i am thinking about you and your family. It is a hard thing. I love you. Our macy would have been 1 on March 1st if she would have survived. I often wonder what she is like. I can't wait to see her.
Hugs and kisses to you all.
Jeana
Ahh my heart hurts! I have a pit in my stomach now. What a sweet little angel. I hate it when babies have to suffer I dont understand it. What a sweet little baby. Give my love to them. Ahh I am sick to my stomach.
Post a Comment