Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Bonanza 2010 Comes to an End...

Man, I love birthdays and parties and everything that goes along with them, but I sure do wish that they were atleast a month apart. February is great with all of our birthdays, but I'm sure glad when it's over and we can think of other things besides BIRTHDAYS!

That being said, Hayden's was the last in the line of parties this month. He had a super fun Piranha birthday party, per his special request. There were piranhas swimming in the cake...

That's about as "piranha" as it got. My creativity died at that point and the rest of the party was a mish-mash of games and crafts, but the kids still loved it. (Notice the one girl in the sea of boys, that is Hayden's best-friend Jaylen, she is such a sweet friend to Hayden, and didn't mind at all that she was the only girl. Actually, I don't even think she noticed)... It always helps to give them as much candy as they want. It's a sure-fire way to make them think that the party is great...
And you can always please Hayden if there are animals involved. Painting reptiles was a hit...

Happy Birthday to our sweet Hayden boy!! We love you so much, and holy cow, how can you already be 7 years old!?!

3 comments:

Marylin said...

He IS such a sweet boy! What a fun party, I would have dug the candy too! :)

Eaton Family said...

And I was starting to feel old with a 6 year old...JK!! Looks like he had a great time!

michelle said...

I can't believe you gave up on the whole pirahna theme?!?!
You could have played minnow, minnow, piranha...er...and let the kids bite each other...and...I see what you mean. "Candy" is a great theme too! I can't believe you have a 7 year old...you are SO OLD!