Friday, January 29, 2010

Christmas morning, I mean afternoon...

Christmas morning was so funny this year. Since we were at Rob's family's house and they have no small kids anymore, our kids, and their two little cousins, were the only one's up at the crack of dawn to open presents from Santa. So we did, and then our little family just lounged and napped all morning till the rest of the clan decided to get up around noon. So we really had a Christmas afternoon of opening gifts instead of a Christmas morning... totally Clark style.
Robbie and I lounging and trying to keep the kids out of the gifts until the rest of the fam awoke (that is no easy task)...
 
Ana and cousin Dallin coloring a princess poster from Santa. Don't worry Dallin, we know you don't "really" like princesses...
 
Hayden and Dallin playing with their Zhu Zhu pets from Nona...
 
We gave Katelyn some fairy wings for Christmas and it was so cute to see her run around with them on. She kept putting on each new thing that she received. She had on her Christmas pj's, a new coat from Papa, wings and a fairy skirt, and a butterfly hair clip. I'm surprised she could walk with all of it on. But the funniest part was when she climbed on the rocking horse, I asked her "Are you a princess riding your horsey?" And then Dallin came running around the corner with his new tool backpack on, pushing Kate's new shopping cart, and shouts "Ya, and I'm a worker guy, pushin' my stroller!!" I laughed so hard, because he was so serious and excited about it.
 
The "twin" cousins sporting their twinner outfits... Testing out the new duds for flexibility. "It's a keeper, I can still stand on my head with it on..." Feasting on stocking spoils... All in all, it was a holly jolly Christmas day...

No comments: