Sunday, December 20, 2009

December with the Clarks...

December can get a little crazy around here with all of the fun Holiday happenings. I'll give you the short version - Really, this is the short version. I'm going to skip the first grade class Christmas party (that I got roped into making 26 graham cracker gingerbread houses for - don't ask), Relief Society Progressive dinner (they drove us from house to house on a school bus - it was hilarious), and all other holiday chaos for the the sake of briefness, and the fact that I didn't get any pictures of those events, he, he...
Ancient Egypt day at school. After this event, Hayden told me that he wished that he could live at school. Apparently it was THAT good. I got to go in to his class and help with the celebration, I was in charge of helping the kids make mummies and sarcophaguses, that's right, sarcophaguses. Am I the only person in the world that didn't know what that word meant? I had to learn it from my first grader. (The first person to leave a comment with the definition of a sarcophagus - from your own brain, leave Webster out of this - will be the Clark Clan Chaos' Commenter of the Day - I will do a special post all about YOU!)

Pop-Can Chicken. Rob roasted his first chicken with his handy-dandy pop can roaster - and it was mighy tasty! Way to go Rob.

First Grade Christmas Program. This was the best picture I got of Hayden - walking off the stage - it was the only time we could see him. They had the lighting set up weird and you couldn't see any of the kids on the top-right row of the risers. (Hayden said that he was on that row because he was the 3rd tallest kid in the first grade - the first two were girls - funny, huh?). It was sad to not see his cute little face while he was singing, but oh well, he had a great time and sang his little heart out. I know this because he's been singing his songs all around the house for the last month.

Thorton Winter Fest. We took the kids to see the lights at a winter festival - it was such a great way to get into the Holiday spirit. They had a Christmas village, an ice skating rink in the midst of hundreds of trees covered in twinkly lights, ice sculptures, and carolers. The kids loved it! Sophie was especially in awe...



Wrestling with Dad. This isn't just a holiday event, it happens frequently, but it was the first time that our dog, Stella, decided to get in on the action. She loves to play with the kids when they are on the floor, she is so tolerant and gentle with them.

Elf Practice. We had a real cold-spell here (like 5 degrees) that lasted for a good week. The kids got pretty stir-crazy being in the house so much, so when it got remotely warmer they were begging to play outside. Sophie kept running out the back door whenever we let the dog out, so Ana decided to get herself and Sophie bundled up to play. Sophie looked just like a little elf...


A Visit to Whoville. Ana went with our neighbor, Paige, to a Christmas party. The theme was "Whoville", so Ana was transformed into Cindy Lou Who for the occasion.

Preschool Pajama Party. For Ana's Preschool Christmas party, they all wore their PJ's and decorated sugar cookies. It was the perfect little event for this wild bunch. (Photo compliments of Jen Anderson. Thanks Jen!)

Breakfast with Santa. For our ward Christmas party this year, we had a breakfast. And man, I have to give some props to the Activities Committee! Has anyone else ever gone to a ward Christmas party and waited in line for like 2 hours to see Santa? It seems like that always happens. Well this year, they handed out numbers to everyone, so you got to sit and socialize until they called your number. It was the best! So here are the classic "Santa Photos"...



Christmas Sweaters. And last but not least, for your veiwing pleasure... Rob and I went to an adult Christmas party with some of our friends. And Rob thought it would be a good joke to get the ugliest Christmas sweaters we could find from the thrift store, and wear them to the party. It was hilarious - and man, they were ugly! I love that Rob likes to keep things fun, we'll be young (at heart atleast) forever...

So, that was the short version. Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

So cute! LOVE the sweaters! ha ha!

Miriam said...

Sacrophagus: I'm thinking it's the coffins they made for the pharos where they painted the outside to make them look like them.....I could be totally wrong though.

Rachel B. said...

Ana makes one dang cute Cindy-lou Who! Absolutely no idea what on earth sacrophagus is. Way to go Miriam if you're right. And your sweaters...ha! You guys really are hilarious and so much fun!

herbie said...

Love the sweaters and the turtle neck underneath is awesome---now maybe if you just add some lightbulb earrings?? j/k. Love hanging out with you guys--you keep us laughing!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Amy F said...

You guys sure know how to have fun! The preschool picture makes me sad...I sure miss Colorado! And Ana does make the cutest Cindy-lou!!

michelle said...

sarcophaguses...Just using a little help from the picture I'm guessing it is some kind of necklace/neck accessorie?...er....yeah...
Love your little elves...the Whoville party is a great idea; Anna is darling! Love the sweaters and wish I could live close enough to go to parties with you!
Pajama Christmas party sounds awesome!