Thursday, October 29, 2009

Silly, Sleepy, Snow Days...

I LOVE snow days!! Not so much the snow, but the break that it provides. No school, no running here and running there... just snuggling on the couch and eating hot soup and drinking hot chocolate. It's the best! Since this first major blizzard arrived a few days before Halloween, it afforded us the time to do some Halloweenish things. The kids made "witches hats". This is the best Halloween treat because they can literally do it all by themselves (I just added the orange bows, but you could leave those off)...





We played games, watched movies and crashed on the couch...

The culminating event was playing in the snow with Dad! The kids waited all day, until Rob came home from work, to play in the snow with him, and he did not disappoint. They set to work building the worldest largest snow candy corn. It turned out awesome! Hopefully it won't melt before the trick-or-treaters come...

7 comments:

Rachel B. said...

No way! That candy corn is SERIOUSLY awesome. I'm coming by to see it!

Krystal said...

wow-how did you make the snow those colors? That would be A LOT of food coloring!

michelle said...

Man you make me want to have a snow day! And that is seriously the sweetest snow candy corn ever! You guys are such fun parents!

Kari Clark said...

He used spray paint. But now that it's done, I wouldn't recommend it, it comes off on you and your clothes if you touch it.

Kirsten said...

You are SUCH a fun mom!!

Derek and Becky said...

I saw this dropping off Dylan at school this morning. I did not realize it was your house. It sure does stand out. awesome. Such fun memories.

herbie said...

I went to Zac's school today and noticed the candy corn. That is the coolest thing that I have seen!! My kids loved it!!