Thursday, October 29, 2009
Flag Football, a winning season...
So, I have to blog about this just so that I can remember how stinkin cute Hayden was playing football and how proud I was of him. Hayden is one of those super sweet kids who takes a really long time to warm up to people and if he doesn't know you, he goes into statue mode. So that was Hayden for the first 3 games of flag football - a total statue. It was breaking my heart to watch him totally freeze up at one end of the field while all of the other kids are running down to the other end. Rob and I would offer him candy, ice cream... anything, if he would just pick up his feet and run with the crowd. FINALLY, one of his coaches realized that he was totally shy and really tried to help him along. It made all difference in the world and he totally came out of his shell. By the end of the season, he was playing quarterback and runningback, even chasing the ball carrier and trying to pull his flags off (a major milestone consedering where he started). We are so proud of you Hayden, you worked so hard to overcome your fears and not be shy. Wahoo for you!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment