This was one of the best and craziest projects that I tried this year. I had all the students bring in salt dough that they made at home to create a model of a cell. Holy Cow! I was totally unprepared for what they would bring in. I just assumed that they would all know that the dough should be the consistency of play dough. I had so much dough that was literally oozing through my fingers. I spent the first project work day kneading over 10 lbs of flour into all the runny dough to make it moldable (my arm was so sore that night). After we made it through that disaster... it actually turned out great. I had pizza boxes donated for each of the kids to create their model in (an idea that I got from an amazing teacher). The kids did such a fantastic job on their projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment