When Ana turned 8, we told her that she could get her ears pierced if she wanted to...
it was a crazy few months following her birthday and we weren't able to fit it in until after school got out. Sophie was not about to miss out on watching this momentous event, so we made it a girl's day out. While we were on our way, this is how the conversation went...
Ana: Mom, I think that maybe Sophie should get her ears pierced, too.
Me: Why?
Ana: I mean, it would be fun if she got hers done, too.
Sophie: Yes!!!
Me: Are you sure?
Ana: Yep.
Me: Well... Soph, do you want to get your ears pierced?
Sophie: Yes!!!
Me: Well, I guess that would be alright.
Ana: OK Sophie, you go first.
And that is how it happened that Ana "selflessly" sacrificed her sister. That being said, Sophie was more than ecstatic to be sacrificed...
She's ready... (Ana's watching very carefully...)
Still smiling... 1... 2... 3...
Didn't even flinch!
Sophie the Brave...
After making sure that Sophie survived, Ana decided that it was safe...
Here we go...
1... 2... Starting to have second thoughts... 3...
She did it!
Two cute girls...
In the end, I was really glad that they both did it on the same day. It made for a really fun memory for all of us. And a great story to boot...
1 comment:
This is so awesome! How nice of Ana to LET Sophie go first. Haha. They look so cute!
Post a Comment