Call me completely naive, but when Ana was born, I just assumed that she would act a lot like Hayden. They definitely looked a lot alike. So why shouldn't they act alike? I know, I know - total new mom idea. Well, that obviously led to one of the major "discoveries" I remember making as a young mother. All kids are born with unique and wonderful personalities, and there is nothing you can do to change that. We have been blessed with two fantastically different children (Sophie's true nature is still yet to be determined, but it's coming along, and I'm slightly afraid of what it might be. That crazy little monster:) )
Hayden is our little intellect in training. He is so intrigued by the world around him... the WHOLE world. He is in love with maps(and globes), history, how things work, and anything that can be taken apart and put back together again. Not to mention his love for animals and any fact that can be produced about them. I love to watch his brain work, as he sits and studies a toy dinosaur that has a button that causes it's head to move up and down. He pushes it over and over again, watching it closely, and then finally... "Oh, I get it! Mom, it works like a teeter-totter on the inside. When you push on the button it's like sitting on a teeter-totter, it makes the head go up!" That's the kind of thing that really gets him excited. Here he is timing how fast his RoboXplorer can go 10 feet on different terrains... seriously!
We also have a star in training. I say star in general, because from day to day (actually hour to hour), the kind of star changes from ballerina, to singer, to actress, to artist. For as intellectual as Hayden is, Ana is equally and oppositely creative. I'm not joking when I say that Ana sings or dances 90% of her day, no matter where she is or what she's doing. She loves to commentate her life through song - it's quite hilarious to listen to her sing about shoes, food, the toilet, her hair, and anything else that crosses her path on a given day. She is also very into creating things... anything and everything. I put together a craft center in our kitchen, because I was so sick of dragging out and cleaning up craft supplies that belonged elsewhere.
I love my polar opposite children! I'm so grateful that assumptions aren't always the way it goes down, and that we have at least one right-brain and one left-brain running around our house... who knows if any of us have a whole brain!?!!
8 comments:
This is such a cute post! I just love everything about it. You captured them so well. One thing all 3 of them definitely have in common is that they are super cute!
You did such a good job of putting it all to words! I love the idea of having a craft corner...I might have to put that idea to good use!
You do have very sweet children we love you family!
I keep thinking that I need to make a craft center for my house. Whenever Madilyn wants to do something crafty she asks me if she can do something fun!!!
Oh man those kids are so dang cute. Hayden is hilarious and what a little scientist he's becoming. And Ana, well she and Sadie are seriously of the same blood. Sadie also lives her life through song and dance.
Reading your description of Ana made me think of Brinley. They are so similar, no wonder they are good friends! I love the way you described Hayden too, he is such a cute kid!
I am so glad you have kids that color on themselves too!
That is a sweet craft corner. I wonder where Ana gets her creativity...hmmm...maybe her mom! And Hayden is such a little Rob!
Post a Comment