Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our "Thankful" Tree

To celebrate thanksgiving this year, we decided to make a thankful tree (another great idea from familyfun.com) We glued papers to autumn leaves, cut a branch off of our front yard tree and "planted" it in a pot with some rocks. Everyday in November we've been writing things that we are thankful for and hanging them on our tree. The kids loved making the tree and leaves for FHE and it's been great to talk about the things in our lives that we're truly thankful for.

The first day that we were writing down our blessings on the leaves, I asked Ana: "What are you thankful for?" she replied, "Ummmmmm..., Rocks!" So we wrote rocks down, then I asked: "What else are you thankful for?" she thought for a minute and said, "Umm, trees!" I wrote that down and said one more time: "Tell me one more thing that you're thankful for." She thought again and said, "Ummmmm, Jesus!" It's moments like those that make ME thankful for being a parent.

4 comments:

Kris Ploeger said...

Kari I love being your sister because I can steal all of your super ideas and use them with my family and they think I am so creative! Just kidding, I tell everyone that you are the creative mastermind behind all the stuff we do! Thanks for making me a blog, I promise to find some time to actually mess with it soon!
Love you
Kris

Rachel B. said...

You are so creative. I know you said you got the idea from that family fun magazine, but still, to find it and follow through with it is creative enough for me. :)

Holly said...

Great idea! We'll have to do that next year! Are you coming down to Utah for Thanksgiving? We'd love to see you guys! Let me know!

Rachel B. said...

Me again! Cute Kari! I'm glad you found that website. Isn't it fun?