Friday, November 30, 2007

Grandpa's Possum

We took a trip home to Pipestone for Thanksgiving this year (a slight change in plans, Mom and Dad were supposed to come to Denver, but Mom hurt her back so we decided to make the trip there instead). Upon arrival to their house at about 11:30pm. Dad proceeds to tell us that there is a ferocious animal that has died in the middle of the front yard. Rob of course had to check it out and found the biggest possum I've ever seen. When Hayden woke up the next day, Grandpa told him that there was a dangerous, ferocious animal in the front yard, but wouldn't tell him what it was. The conversation went something like this:

Grandpa: What do you think it is, Hayden?
Hayden: I fink its a bear.
Grandpa: I don't think so, what else do you think it might be.
Hayden: I fink it might be a deer.
Grandpa: I don't think it's a deer.
Haydens: Well, it wooks wike a deer.
Grandpa: Well, kind of.
Hayden: Yep, it's a deer.
Grandpa: Why don't you get your shoes on and have your Dad take you outside to check it out. Then you come and tell me what it is.
*Hayden goes outside with Rob to see the ferocious beast, and then comes back into the house*
Hayden to Grandpa: Yep, it's not a deer.

2 comments:

austin and cherisse said...

that is rad.

Jason Mitchell said...

That is really nice Kari! I'm glad you have have good photos of your sweet son and a dead possum! Those are treasured memories for sure.... the story is so cute!

Ana