Hayden's Cub Scout pack has [what I think is] a funny tradition. Every year for the Blue and Gold Banquet, each boy and their Dad are supposed to decorate a cake to go along with the theme for the banquet. It's funny to me because that would describe the farthest thing from fun for Hayden and Rob.
So each year, I purchase things for them to decorate their cake and then they both wait until the last minute to throw the thing together, and it ends up looking like just that: a cake that was thrown together at the last minute. Well, this year, I decided to try to help Hayden get excited about it. I got everything set out, tried to pump him up and show him all the cool things that he could make, and...
he lasted about 3 minutes.
So Ana, Sophie and I were just sitting there with all these cake decorating supplies (which is like a dream come true for the girls in our family)...
Needless to say, we took the matter into our own hands and whipped up this baby...
We're talking real s'mores people...
It was a win-win situation. Hayden got his "camping" cake, and us girls had a blast making it :)
3 comments:
Kari, that is seriously awesome! Dang creative. I especially love how you used the fruit roll-ups. By the way, that IS pretty funny that they have to decorate cakes. I cannot even imagine Tom doing that!!!
Cutest cake I have ever seen! If I ever have to make a scouting cake I am totally stealing your idea! You are a genius!
I thought the use of fruit roll ups was genius! We couldn't figure out the darn "tent" but yours looked fabulous!
Post a Comment