Sunday, October 2, 2011

Polski...

A couple of months ago, I met a girl at the park. We started chatting, and I found out that she was from Poland (the accent was a hint:), and very homesick for her country and family. We started getting together to let our kids play, and it's just been so fun getting to know her, and learning about her culture and language (Polski is "Polish" in the Polish language). A couple weeks ago, we took a trip out to an orchard and went on a hayride with our kids. It was such a fun time.
Sophie and Kristian...
 

On the hayride...
 

Sophie and I with Kristian and Marta...
 

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

You're such a good friend to everybody Kari. I love that about you! I have a neighbor just a few doors down who's from Poland. She has a little girl who she speaks Polish too. We'll have to sneakily get them together some time. :)

Kari Clark said...

That would be awesome! I'm sure that Marta would love to meet her.