I'm always trying to come up with new ways to help my kids enjoy Conference, and make it so that Rob and I can enjoy Conference as well. I always have a few new crafts and projects for them to work on while we listen. And I always print off the Primary conference packets for them to do. But I wanted something to help them actually listen to the talks, that was also fun. And so evolved the our Conference Wall...
We taped papers up on the wall with topics that would probably come up often during conference. And then during each talk, if the kids heard one of the words, they could put a sticker on that sheet AND they got one Skittle to eat. I COULD NOT BELIEVE how well they listened. Stickers were going up right and left! I had a whole bunch of stickers for them to choose from, they really loved deciding which stickers to put up. And the sweet reward was also a great incentive. At the end of conference we did an inventory to see which topics we heard the most, and there was one topic that far supassed the rest...
Which made for an awesome FHE lesson the next night. Hope this gives you all one more idea to make Conference great for your family:)
2 comments:
You are BRILLIANT!!! Totally stealing this ide to use for April Conference!
P.S. I would totally be bragging if I could get my kids to be quiet during conference! ;)
Post a Comment