So I saw this idea for outdoor pillows in a magazine awhile ago and instantly knew that this was the solution to my problem. They were super easy and cheap to make (made out of a vinyl picnic tablecloth and a $3 pillow from wal-mart), and now I don't have to spend the rest of the day washing bedding just so that we can get into our beds at night...
The only downside to outdoor lounging in the middle of the summer is the darn heat. So we remedied that with our swing-set tent...
There was even enough room under there that you could still use the swings. I have to admit, this was one of our families all-time-best forts...
I hope that my kids remember these kind of days, spent in the shade, in our own backyard. Just lounging, reading, playing and laughing. I sure will.
1 comment:
Kari I want to be one of your kids. Really. I need to write down all these fun things you guys do and when we're having a boring blah day. Whip out the list. You always have such fun creative things to do with the kids. I love it.
Post a Comment