Hayden turned 8 this year, and so you know what that means... he got to decide if he wanted to be baptized as a member of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I always just assumed that he would want to, and never asked him straight out until a couple of weeks before his birthday.
Me: "So Hayden, I never actually asked you this, but do you want to get baptized?"
Hayden: (apparently very offended that I had to ask) "Of course, yes!"
Me: "Sorry, just makin' sure."
So... he got baptized on March 5th, 2011 at 4pm, by his Dad. It was a wonderful, (but emotional) day. It is hard to believe that our sweet little (I guess not so little) Hayden-boy is old enough to decide what he believes. I'm so proud of the choices that he makes, he has great faith, and isn't afraid to show or share it...
(Please overlook the quality of these pics, never fails that something will get messed up with the pictures of important events)...
Both sets of his grandparents were able to make the trip out for his special day (Woohoo!), along with a few other aunts, uncles and cousins...
It never ceases to amaze me how we can never get a good family picture at important events...
...Seriously, what was Ana doing? Oh well, we'll have a good laugh over them in a few years. Those are the kind of pictures that you remember anyway, the funny ones.
It was a great day, sorry it took me so long to share it...
We also went to the new Real Pirates exhibit at the DMNS while everyone was here. The kids loved it...
No comments:
Post a Comment