Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sisters Weekend 2011...

As I mentioned before, I got go to Utah in February for a weekend with my best-friends, my sisters.
This was the greeting I got when I got off my plane. I love these girls so much...

We always start out by making lots of yummy food (mostly snacks and treats, of course)...

Then there are crafts, which always take forever, because there is always way more talking going on than crafting...


Next came the CUPCAKE WARS! That's right, 4 teams...

My team, the Blonde Hula Mamas (everyone else was secretly jealous of our awesome aprons)...

5 secret ingredients...

And 2 rounds, one for planning/shopping...

And one for baking/decorating...



Oh... and a third round for sabotage! But I'll get to that later. Like I said before, they were jealous...

The cupcakes...




We only had one glitch in the plans, the cupcakes weren't finished until about midnight and so we ended up with... let's just call him a "less than qualified" judge, my brother Jon (ie. the Blonde Hula Mamas did not win)...

But it's pretty hard to win when you have fish oil in your cupcakes!! The perpetraitor... MY MOM!! She acts like an innocent lamb, but she's really a WOLF in sheep's clothing! She and my sister Ana were totally jealous of our awesome cupcakes and so they thought they would try to get a leg up. Well, cheaters never prosper and they didn't win either! But it was a blast, and we all know who would have won if we had a qualified judge;)

The next day we spent in Provo, we got to see the Carl Bloch art exhibit at BYU. It was so amazing to see the original pieces of some really famous artwork in the LDS culture. I guess I wasn't supposed to take pictures, but I didn't know that until I had already taken these...


Then we headed to the Marriott Center for some BYU Basketball...



Mom gettin' some love from Cosmo...

Go Cougars!!!

Stop... Jimmer-Time!!!

My sister, Kami, is friends with Coach Rose's daughter. He was so nice to give us tickets in some SWEET seats. We HEART you Coach Rose...

It was a fun-filled, action-packed weekend that was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. Thanks for all the good times girls!

4 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

How much do I LOVE you & all of your sisters! I'm glad at least ONE of you is related to me!!! You guys are all sooooo beautiful and so freakin cool too! How LUCKY are you guys to get those seats at the game?! Sheesh.

Jen Anderson said...

I SO wish that I was your sister!! Is it really possible for there to be so many girls as fun and amazing as you are??!!

Rachel B. said...

That would be so much fun! It's so cute to see so many Kari look-alikes. Your cupcakes totally should have won....what do boys know?! :)

michelle said...

Sisters are the best! The cupcake contest is hillarious! and I think I need a post telling me all about these "crafts!" I am jealous of the BYU Basketball game and all your fun times. Maybe in a few years when all our babies are grown up my sisters and I can do something fun like this!
How many of your sisters live in Utah now?