Thursday, September 6, 2007

Summer in a Nutshell


I guess I'll just start by recapping our summer. Our lives have been super crazy for the last four months. The kids and I headed out to MN to see Lindsey over Memorial Day weekend - it was great to see how excited she was to enter the MTC, we got to help her pack (supermarket sweep at Loopy's) and we all just enjoyed hanging out with her before she was sucked away for 18 months. It's been so fun to watch her grow through her letters and emails and we're so proud of how she is doing and the example that she is to all of us.

Next, we headed off to California to spend a week with the Clarks. It was such an awesome vacation - Nona and Papa were so fun to hang out with, and Rob and I actually got to enjoy our vacation because we had so much help with the kids from all the aunts, uncles and grandparents. First we went to a Dodgers game, what a cool stadium, Hayden and Ana loved eating peanuts and crackerjacks (and shoving them up their noses.) After that we headed to Disneyland for 2 days. It was so much fun, I had never been there before, so it was great to share that with the kids and watch them thoroughly enjoy themselves. Hayden's favorite part was the Buzz Lightyear ride and Ana's favorite part was definitely the Princess Faire. She got to dance with all the princesses and Nona bought her a real Disney princess dress, there was no stopping her after that - she really thought she was a princess after that. Now, everyday, she puts on that dress and says: "Dance miff me." How can you say no to that?

The next few days we spent in San Diego at the beach. We stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado, it was beautiful. We relaxed on the beach, hung out with Katie and Callie whom we haven't seen forever, we went to Tijuana (ana almost didn't make it back) and went to Sea World. Everything was soooo much fun! Thanks again Rob and Wendy for inviting us to be a part of such a fun family memory.

Two weeks after returning from California, we headed back to MN for Jonny's wedding and the Lam Fam Shabam (the reunion). It was so fun to have everyone together - man Davy's kids have grown. My kids were to happy to be at Nana's house, as Hayden says: "Nana's house is my fabrit pwace in da whole wide world." They had so much fun just exploring Mom and Dad's backyard wonderland and playing with their best-friends, their cousins. We had the traditional ice cream freeze-off (Ana and I came in last, but our ice cream still rocked, it was for a more sophisticated palette, we misjudged our voters.) And we had the first Lammers Cousins Camp, with an olympics, service project, outdoor movie, and canoe races. My kids loved it, and so did I, it was so fun to get reacquainted with all of my nephews and nieces. That was the end of our travels, hopefully for awile. It's always nice to come home and get back into the swing of life again.

1 comment:

Jason Mitchell said...

This is awesome Kari!!! I'm sure we'll be joining the bandwagon after I get all the boxes unpacked :)

These are really great to find out what is going on!

Later,

Ana