
I can't believe that we have a child old enough to ride the bus and go to school. Hayden was so excited to ride the bus on the first day, I think more excited about that than about preschool itself. He gave me a hug, said goodbye, and didn't look back - what a sad day for Mom. I wish that he would have atleast missed me a little, I guess a sign that he's ready to move on to bigger and better things - like finger painting and storytime. So I followed the bus to school (because of course I couldn't just let him go

by himself,) and he did just fine. He followed his teacher right into his classroom and smiled and waved at me as he went past. All I could think was, man he's gotten sooo big. So the bus brought him home from school and I asked what he did at school and all I got was: "played." I had to pry information out of him - I guess that's the difference between boys and girls - girls gab. But I did get out of him that he loved it and that he definitely wanted to go back. He's been in school for two weeks now, and I'm starting to get more stories from him. Mostly that he is making friends on the bus and that it was so-and-so's birthday so he got to have cupcakes for snack, obviously the highlight of the day. His teachers say that he is doing great, although the last time I went to his class his head teacher said to me: "I'm so glad that you came today, I was going to call you." "Oh really, what did you need?" I replied. Then she asked, "Does Hayden hear alright?" "Yes, he hears great, when we had him screened they told me not to whisper anything when he

is in the next room because he hears like a bat." Then she said, "Oh, that explains alot, he must be having selective hearing then. Today I was trying to get his attention and he acted like he couldn't hear me, when I finally did get his attention, I asked him if he could hear me and he told me that his ears were turned off." I reassured her that he hears just fine and when we got in the car to go home, I asked Hayden why his ears were turned off and he said, "Dhey just

turned off by demselves." Then I asked, "Why did they turn off?" And he replied, "Dare was girl music on." So apparently "girl music" causes selective hearing. We thought that was pretty funny, but made it clear to him that when he was at school he had to keep his ears turned on. Ana and I have really been enjoying the one-on-one time that Hayden's preschool time has given us. We try to do special things that we normally don't get to do when Hayden and all the daycare kids are around (she usually wakes up before the rest of the kids from her nap, so we have Mom and Ana time.) Her favorite thing to do is paint.
1 comment:
Such cute stories. I think mine are short but that is okay.
Post a Comment