Thursday, November 15, 2012

Halloween 2012...

As a lot of you know, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I think mostly because it's in the fall, and I just love fall!  This year's Halloween was a little low key for us comparatively.  We had a lot going on in the weeks leading up to it, so there wasn't very much preparing or decorating going on at our house.  I didn't even work on new costumes for the kids, which was kind of sad, but the kids didn't seem to mind.  They ended up finding plenty of things to wear in our dress up bins.  This is what they came up with for their school festival...

 I think that we are going on year number four with the piranha costume.  It's becoming a family tradition.  I can already foresee the kids reminiscing about the piranha as they look back on their childhood...
 

Rob and I went to a Halloween party as well.  Our goal for our costume was to make it for free, using only things that we had at home.  We succeeded with this...
Yes... that is our shower rod.
 The kids got a big kick out of it as well...

This is what the kids came up with for trick-or-treating...
 
We really did have a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oh my word Kari! That is the most creative costume I have ever seen! Seriously awesome and hilarious! You guys are so fun. I'm also glad you've gotten so much use out of the pirahna costume. :)

Kirsten said...

Kari, seriously, that's hilarious!!