The most fantastic part of our trip to Zions was the last day. Rob's brother, Chase, worked in Zions for a couple of years and so he had training to take people down Orderville Canyon. It's a 10-mile hike/repel down a slot canyon that eventually connects with Zion Canyon in the national park. This hike was seriously one of the most amazing outdoor adventures I've ever experienced! Here is our group as we started out at the top of the canyon (Rob couldn't come with us that day)...
As you hike down, the canyon gets deeper and narrower. So beautiful...
Waterfalls... repelling... it doesn't get cooler than this!!
Us girls came up with some pretty creative ways of keeping our shorts dry on the repels...
But as the water got deeper and deeper, keeping dry was out of the question...
The water was actually the least of our worries...
The last couple of miles, the hiking was all in 2+ feet of water. Do you know what kind of a work out that is? It's like water aerobics for miles...
After 11 hours, we finally made it...Woohoo!
No broken bones and everyone alive (there were times when we wondered if this would be possible)...
Rob and his Dad picked us up at the end; we all crashed immediately.
I don't even remember what happened that evening I was so tired.
It seriously was the AWESOMEST hike I have ever done...
and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Thanks Chase for being our guide and having all the gear that we needed -
it wouldn't have been possible without you!
1 comment:
my last comment showed up twice and now they're both gone, but the gist of it was that is so so awesome and I think that pretty much looks like the coolest funnest experience ever. That is totally going on my list of things I have to do someday. so cool.
Post a Comment