Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sophie-Pink Turns 4...

Ever since Hayden and Ana's birthdays, over 3 months ago, Sophie has been anxiously waiting for hers.  3 months is a long time to wait for such an important day!  Almost daily she would ask me, "Is my birthday tomorrow?" or "What comes after Easter, my birthday?"  Well, the long awaited day finally arrived and we now have a 4 year old! 
Soph wanted a Pink-Minnie Mouse-Princess Party... a tall order for one so small.  She was so excited about her birthday, I just had to try to make it happen.  We looked up ideas for the pinkest Minnie Mouse cake that we could find, and upon arriving in MN, Aunt Mimi and I went to work.  As Sophie saw the cake coming together she could hardly stand the excitement... "Oh mommy, it's... it's... so wonderful!" she said with huge eyes and hands clasped together.  That, my friends, made it worth all the effort...
She was a little disappointed that she couldn't invite any of her friends from CO to the party, but she had plenty of cousins, aunts and uncles, and family to share the day with...




Ana even made her a "Pin the Bow on Minnie" game...
She had a smile on her face for 2 hours straight, I don't think she could have imagined a more wonderful Pink-Minnie Mouse-Princess birthday...


Happy Birthday Sweet Punky-Pink...

I almost forgot to document her birthday cake for breakfast (which happened to take place in a fort/bed that the kids made under my sister's pool table)...



2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Pink-Minnie-Mouse-Princess Party?! Ha. That is quite the request. And you did it awesomely! Claire is sitting next to me so excited to see this. That is one dang impressive cake. Not that I'd expect anything else from you. And maybe I'm crazy, but I think she looks so much like Ana in that first picture. Happy birthday Sophie-Pink!

Kirsten said...

You're amazing! Mine and Macie's birthday is in September and I want a Justin Bieber cake just for her, OK?! (I personally don't like the kid but she's 10. How could she not?) You're amazing!!