Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Truth About Treasure...

Well, the leprechauns found us again this year. They turned our milk green again, but were a bit sneakier than in years past... they left no footprints behind!
 They did lead us on a treasure hunt all over our house, though, leaving lucky gold coins and $2 bills along the way...
The best part about it though was the how the leprechauns revealed the truth about TREASURE...
They use it to bless the lives of others! 

This brought a whole new dimension to St. Patrick's Day for Hayden and Ana.  I was really surprised at how quick they were to jump on board with the idea (although they did still want to keep "just one" of the special coins:). They were so sweet in coming up with ideas of how they could use it.  Hayden wanted to use it to buy bottles of soda, so that he could take the bottle caps to a collection bin that he had seen at the dentist office, where the proceeds went to help the Ronald McDonald House (I thought that was so sweet).  Ana wanted to go and buy shoes for "every kid in Africa" (again, super sweet).  And Sophie just wanted to "gib it to Hemaly Father" (I love that girl).

In the end, we settled on using it to buy the supplies and ingredients to make some treats and cards to show some people that we care about them and that we appreciate what they do for us...
Getting ready to deliver their leprechaun treats
(It was almost 80 degrees outside, oh how I love the sunshine!)...
I think that this was my favorite St. Patrick's Day yet!  Thanks leprechauns, for reminding us how important it is to think about others...

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Super-dooper cute! Hopefully the leprechauns will teach us that same lesson next year! And thanks for sending the leprechauns our way with their ideas from previous years. My girls had an absolute blast!!

Krystal said...

that is seriously the cutest thing ever! I may have to steal this idea for next year!