Seriously, I don't know why I think that once the kids go back to school I'm going to have more time. It's the exact opposite! Lately it's been so busy that I haven't even had time to go to the grocery store, let alone make a decent meal. So thus, we make do with what's in our fridge. Bread and cheese. And we spice it up a bit with cookie cutters. I hope my kids remember this as a fun memory, instead of a "My mom doesn't even have time to make us real food" memory...
Does life get any less busy as your kids get older? Don't leave a comment if your answer is NO! Just kidding;)
3 comments:
Sometimes life slows down enough to breath, and sometimes you just have to catch your breath.
I started making a monthly menu calendar about 2 years ago. It has been such a great help. The kids know what we are having for dinner every night and I make sure that I have all the ingredients for dinner.
I even let the kids choose a few favorite dinners during the month!
I think that looks really good actually. And hey, it's better than a bowl of cereal like I would be tempted to do on a busy day. That actually took some effort. :) Yes, you are a busy woman and yet you were still so sweet to watch my children at such last minute notice!
One of our family favorite is bread cheese and jelly. I know, I know. It sounds crazy and not very good. You've gotta give it a try. Melt the cheese just like you guys did and then spread a thin layer of jelly on top. Our favorite is grape. That may be our next meal!
Post a Comment